Wednesday, September 28, 2011

M is for Mommy

I've been working on decorating my boy's room. I've been trying to find cute cartoon versions of an Airplane, a Boat and a Car to do "ABC" canvases on his wall ("A" is for Airplane, etc.). I could not find any that I liked. I wandered on to Sarah's blog and found I could do something fun with our own photos.

I had already painted the canvases blue, so I had to place a piece of paper underneath the faces to help them show up. I mod-podged the paper to the canvas and let it dry. Then I mod-podged the tissue with the photo (dry) on to the paper, following Sarah's instructions. I didn't want harsh edges, so I tore them off while still wet.

Then I just fancied it up a bit (with scrapbook paper and lettering) and this is what I got


Please excuse the stickers covering our faces...husband's idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment