Thursday, September 8, 2011

Guilt Free Pasta

I've been trying to maintain a healthy post baby weight, but breastfeeding sure takes a toll! Why, oh why, must carbs taste so good? I have been craving every pasta dish under the sun, but it's so hot that I haven't been able to motivate myself to exercise much. So instead of forgoing satisfying meals, I came up with a pasta substitution that actually satiates! Squash pasta.....it actually tastes good and it's super easy to make.

First, wash and dry the squash, then peel the outer layers with a veggie peeler, rotating the squash as you go.


Try to avoid the seedy parts as they become mushy. Gather your peelings and sautee them for a couple of minutes. I like to use macadamia nut oil.
Your pasta is done!!!!
I made a simple spaghetti sauce to put over the squash pasta. I used some of the seedy parts of the squash, chopped them up and added them to the sauce.

Dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment