Thursday, October 13, 2011

Caramel Carnage

I found so many amazing caramel recipes and made the one I had ingredients for. As it turns out, it's an awesome recipe! You can find it on Jamie's blog. Trust me, it's so good! Her tip on using the spoon technique to check the caramel works great!


Word of caution: WATCH OUT! Make sure you have a big enough pot to boil the caramel in. It really bubbles! I didn't even see the piece fly out that hit me in the leg, next thing I know I look down and a piece had hit my knee and dripped down my shin...ouch! I didn't know this was possible, but it left a bruise as well as a burn! Be very careful!


I made some of my chocolate cookies and placed a drop of caramel in the center of each cookie.


The caramel infused into the cookie, so I had to bake them for about 15 minutes instead of 10. They turned out great! The caramel adds a different flavor and texture.


Enjoy!!!...Carefully!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment